Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#26 01-14-09 3:03 pm

don

Re: Am I a Prophet?

<b><font color="0000ff">These people are not fellow believers.</font></b> <BR> <BR>The Bible clearly advocates exposing error. I see nothing wrong with doing so. In my studies of Ellen White, I have been impressed with her Christian faith. I consider her a fellow believer, as I do many who write on this forum. The others you mention, I have not read their works very extensively and have no similar impression about them. <BR> <BR>When we speak of Satan&#39;s inroads, I think we need to do so carefully and humbly. Yet, we must call sin by its right name. <BR> <BR><b><font color="0000ff">exposing Ellen White as a false prophet?</font></b> <BR> <BR>I don&#39;t consider her so. I believe she had a manifestation of the New Testament prophetic gift. This gift seems to be in a different category than the Hebrew prophets of old. We have Biblical evidence that even the apostles were in error, at times.  <BR> <BR>You have mentioned your use of Ellen White as a devotional author. Look at the others on your list. Could they also be devotional authors for you? Not likely. Why? Because their faith in Jesus is missing, isn&#39;t it? <BR><font color="ffffff"><font size="-2">.</font></font> <BR> <BR>&#40;Message edited by Don on January 15, 2009&#41;

#27 01-14-09 8:42 pm

don

<b><font color="0000ff">You have mentioned your use of Ellen White as a devotional author.</font></b> <BR> <BR>When I wrote the post above, I was thinking I was discussing with Bob_2. What I have said about Ellen White remains the same. <BR> <BR>I believe that Ellen White was a Christian. I also have had to rethink my ideas regarding inspiration as new information has come to my awareness. <BR><font color="ffffff"><font size="-2">.</font></font>

#28 01-15-09 8:22 pm

bob

I truly believe she has deceived the Advent movement.  I also believe she knew she was doing it.  She could come up with a vision pronto if the brethren were in a spot or someone crossed her.  I wish I could say she was a Christian and I know I am not the judge, so that takes me off the hook on that subject.   <BR> <BR>Yes, the information is certainly coming and few can claim that they are ignorant of the findings.

Board footer