Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#26 03-14-09 11:16 am

bob_2

Re: The Coming Evangelical Collapse

Mr. Shields was not saying what works, but what is written, and I was pointing it out to him. Pay attention, Neal.

#27 03-14-09 11:39 am

neal

I got the impression from what you wrote that what the Bible says is something you haven&#39;t been able to figure how to make work. <BR> <BR>Right?

#28 03-14-09 5:07 pm

bob_2

Neal how are you and your Speghetti Monster Gospel doing???

#29 03-14-09 9:33 pm

bob_2

Neal, Jesus gave EQUALITY as an ideal, which is characteristic of the New Covenant, that contains a Law, Christ&#39;s Law, that is an ideal which the Holy Spirit within is to help us meet.  <BR> <BR>Yet this verses suggest something other than what might be perceived by EQUALITY:  <BR> <BR>1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. <BR> <BR>2 Cor 8:13Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, 15as it is written: &#34;He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little.&#34;  <BR> <BR>There isn&#39;t always black and white in the Bible teaching as much as you, Neal like to make it that way. You may have read the Bible four times, but I sense you have not studied it or drawn proper conclusion due to lack of discernment.

#30 03-14-09 10:02 pm

john8verse32

<font color="0000ff">There isn&#39;t always black and white in the Bible teaching</font> <BR> <BR>why not? <BR> <BR>weren&#39;t we told it was all divinely inspired? <BR> <BR>why would a God who wants us to be saved allow his story to be told in a fashion which sometimes: <BR> <BR>... misses the facts, like the fact that Egyptian civilization does not seem to have been affected by an alleged world wide flood... <BR> <BR>...and which sometimes makes Him out to be the biggest mass murder in history? the flood again!!! <BR> <BR>... sometimes even mixes things up?  like, did Judas hang himself?  or did his insides fall out?  and who bought the field?  where was Abraham buried?  how many times did the cock crow? <BR>should people be punished only for their own mistakes? as Hebrew law required?  or should their potentially innocent kids be punished too?  even unto many generations? as Paul claims since Adam and Eve sinned, we have all sinned and must pay the price. <BR> <BR>was Jesus the first to be raised from the dead? <BR>like Paul and John claim? <BR>AC 26:23 Jesus was the first to rise from the dead <BR> <BR>JN 3:13 Only the Son of Man &#40;Jesus&#41; has ever ascended to heaven. <BR> <BR>or are the other stories the right ones? <BR> <BR>2KI 2:11 Elijah went up to heaven. <BR> <BR>2CO 12:2-4 An unnamed man, known to Paul, went up to heaven and came back.  <BR> <BR><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>:5 Enoch was translated to heaven. <BR> <BR>2KI 4:32-37 A dead child is raised &#40;well before the time of Jesus&#41;. <BR> <BR>MT 9:18-25, JN 11:38-44 Two dead persons are raised &#40;by Jesus himself&#41;. <BR> <BR>if the penalty for unbelief is being burned alive, why couldn&#39;t the message have been more clear and consistant?? <BR> <BR>if while leaving for a trip, you left obscure and sometimes mixed up directions for your kids, and when you came back, you found they didn&#39;t all follow your instructions,  would you just kill them? <BR> <BR> <font color="0000ff">I sense you have not studied it or drawn proper conclusion due to lack of discernment.</font> <BR> <BR>how do we &#34;discern&#34; from among the disparate parts? <BR> <BR>and why must we be burned alive for not understanding what is not &#34;black and white&#34;? <BR> <BR>&#40;Message edited by john8verse32 on March 14, 2009&#41;

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

#31 03-14-09 10:12 pm

bob

Bob, Sabbath and tithe are the main theme of SDAs.  We are on an Adventist forum.  We need to discuss relevant topics. <BR> <BR>Equality is not something Adventists are interested in, at least the ones I have in mind aren&#39;t.   <BR> <BR>Like I said in a post on another thread I do not believe Paul was saying we should all have the same kind of home, wear the same kind of robes or have the same number of donkeys.  Those who work harder and exchange more of their time for shekels will have more that those who sit on the porch and people watch.  Those who sit on the porch shouldn&#39;t feel bad about their neighbor building another shed for the new donkey.  By the same token, when there is a need to help someone in dire straights one should not have to mortgage the donkey and be the sole support for the one who is in straights.  The guys on the porches needs to cough up some too. <BR> <BR>Communal living can be tedious.  Paul may have liked the concept, I don&#39;t.  Maybe it wasn&#39;t so much a share all way to live as much as it was done as a way of protection from those who would do them harm.  They say there is strength in numbers.  Remember the days of ethnic ghettos?

#32 03-15-09 2:13 pm

bob_2

Equality of giving is the New Covenant way of giving. It is the ideal. I certainly am not arguing that tithing is argued in the New Covenant. Yes Adventists argue it, So..........

#33 03-16-09 1:04 pm

roca

It looks like this thread has degenerated just as the Christian religion has degenerated, the prediction of the article is only a prediction for the US, it is a reality in Europe. The majority of the Christian churches have forgotten the adage the plain things are the main things. So they argue over trivia like tithe or they create fictions such as Joel Olsten health and wealth sermons. Which I saw some of yesterday and I am always amazed at the size of his church it looks like a stadium.  <BR> <BR>When Christianity loses it perspective of love God and love people it loses everything. Christianity won&#39;t disappear it will fade and reform and attempt to correct the errors that caused it to fade. Who knows how long the pattern will repeat.

Board footer