Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 12-30-09 2:56 pm

bob_2

Aftermath of Waco

I was enthalled with a recent revisit on TV about Waco, and what did or didn't happen. I will try to find transcripts, but I don't remember the name of the lady and family that left before that dreadful day. I think it was Jeannine Bunds, who mentions in the picture of being fondled by Koresh, then claiming one evening he stated he was taking her as one of his wives and he had reserved a hotel room for them. She says in the TV version, "You may be stronger than me and may be able to physically take me, but it will be rape." Koresh apparently then banned her from ever speaking of this incident again. She and her family left the compound before the holocaust on that day.

This lady says the most striking thing: "I will never again let anyone capture my fascination and loyalty ever again to the extent I saw at Waco. I am now an atheist."

WOW, she now has let the Devil capture her loyalty. Is that not was an atheist is, anti-God and what then is the only other choice???

#2 12-30-09 6:40 pm

elaine

Re: Aftermath of Waco

Anyone fearing rape by a so-called Christian may well become an atheist.  IOW, if that is Christianity, who wants any part of it?

#3 12-30-09 8:20 pm

bob_2

Come on Elaine, there is alot of Christianity between the two extremes you paint and what this woman can only see.

Shhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeesh.It is a poor excuse to throw God out when she and her hubbie couldn't see the screwed up guy for what he was before she and he set foot on that compound

#4 12-30-09 10:06 pm

elaine

People become atheists for far less reasons than she. But Christianity has made more atheists than anything else.

Remember: The first atheists were Christians!

Remember: no one is born an atheist; just as no one is born a Christian, Muslim, or Buddhist. He must be carefully taught--to be prejudiced or to be part of any religion.

#5 12-31-09 7:47 am

bob_2

The choice is the individual's with responsibility with him/her for the reasons. Atheism is a choice not a non-voluntary happening.

#6 12-31-09 10:58 am

elaine

Of course, Bob. We all make independent mature judgments, but if one's heritage is Muslim, Roman Catholic or no religion, it is one of the strongest influences.

And it is quite true: Once a Catholic, always a Catholic.

Board footer