Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 03-31-10 7:31 pm

cadge

Cursed is the man that trusteth in man...

This is interesting to see the transformation of WWCG leaders being lead out of error into the true Gospel path. I'm not saying that they've got it all, but they've come a long way out of their error. As long as we keep open minds to accept change and realize that there was only one on earth who was infallible, who now sits on the right hand of the Father, we can move forward.  When we put our trust in a medium of one mind other than Christ's, we're in trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGJERAGMT4

Cadge

#2 03-31-10 8:10 pm

elaine

Re: Cursed is the man that trusteth in man...

I have read the entire papers on the web of the WWCG explanation for their relenting on their former observance of sabbath.  They have an extensive study showing the early church history of early first day celebration and the lack of record of the Christian church's clinging to the sabbath long after the first century ended.

SDAs are poorly informed on the early history of the Christian church.  It would be good if they began a thorough study of the first Christian church:  it did not continue to observe sabbath as many Adventists claim; but there were no Jewish-Christians historically recorded after the temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.  From that time on, there were only Gentle Christians, and there is no record of them either observing sabbath or being instructed to do so.

#3 04-01-10 9:42 am

tom_norris
Adventist Reform
Website

Elaine said:  I have read the entire papers on the web of the WWCG explanation for their relenting on their former observance of sabbath.  They have an extensive study showing the early church history of early first day celebration and the lack of record of the Christian church's clinging to the sabbath long after the first century ended.

Tom said:  Elaine, there is no doubt that after 70 AD, the Gentiles took over the church and embraced a Sunday Sabbath.  The real problem is that this was a mistake. 

The Gospel is a Jewish paradigm, and thus the church had no right or authority from the apostles to make such a change.  Sunday is a false Sabbath.  Period.  This is all it will ever be.  And so too is the Old Covenant Sabbath of the Jews that the SDA’s discovered from the SDB’s. 

However, there is a New Covenant Sabbath in the Gospels for the Church to discover.  THIS is the correct Sabbath for the church.  It is the Active, Reformed Sabbath of Jesus that is clearly articulated in all four Gospels and supported by the rest of the NT.

Elaine said:  SDAs are poorly informed on the early history of the Christian church. 

Tom said:  So too are all churches, including the RCC.  They have all embraced one myth and error after another.  This is why the Laodicean Message condemns every denomination.  They are all blind, wretched, and wrong.  Which is why there must be Gospel Reform in the church.

There is a 7th day Sabbath for the Church.  It is a working and active Gospel Sabbath that is very different from what the SDA’s incorrectly teach.  Those who are serious about understanding the Gospel, will discover this doctrine that has been in the NT from the very beginning. 

Tom Norris for the Gospel Sabbath

#4 04-01-10 12:40 pm

bob_2

Tom, again, no supporting Word of God. When Paul spoke of a wall between Gentile and Jew, he was not saying the Jewish way was right, but to tear it down,which only He, Jesus, had authority to do.

Eph 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

He didn't reform the old, but tore it totally out and became the PEACE for both. Next time Tom, use texts, not your words, and meaningful texts that are specific, like those above.

#5 04-01-10 7:02 pm

elaine

Bob,

I'm in total agreement with  your interpretation of Ephesians (Surprise!?)  How can it be interpreted otherwise?  It is clear, explicit, and difficult to understand how it could be interpreted otherwise.

But, those with preconceived ideas, will alway try to make scripture conform to their positions.  (Perhaps that is why I can no longer claim membership in the SDA church--their beliefs are based much more on the OT than the NT.

Board footer