Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 02-13-10 12:36 pm

bob_2

What makes ATomorrow.net different than Spectrum?

Lately I have seen posters that have left posting here, maybe due to the new format, to post at Spectrum. It is easy, but there is one big difference. Spectrum selects the "Speaker", here you can be the Speaker. That should impress you. Does the heart of Spectrum represent your views? Or do they have an AGENDA that you can bypass here with your own TOPIC that you can start. Look back at ATomorrow.com. The long discussions, that came so easy. Is our format hindering that difference. The Registration, the new way of finding topics, the BBcode differences. I don't know, but that difference, where you can state what''s on your mind without too much censorship, is a long cherished trait of ATomorrow   .net and .com.  What a rich heritage!!

#2 02-13-10 4:31 pm

tom_norris
Adventist Reform
Website

Re: What makes ATomorrow.net different than Spectrum?

Bob,

One big problem is that this site is not being picked up by the web crawlers and indexed on the www. 

Until the proper key words are placed on the site, no one can find this Forum unless they have the specific address. 

(JR must have understood this because that Forum showed up in a routine google search for various topics and it still does today.  But less and less because the site is inactive now.)

Also, until the threads are cleaned up, it makes it difficult for new people to catch up on the topic before they join in.  I have been slowly trying to fix up the Adventist Reform section, but it takes some time.

But the site does look better.

Tom Norris

Board footer