Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 01-21-10 9:13 pm

bob_2

Air America Will File Bankrupcy

It is with the greatest regret, on behalf of our Board, that we must announce that Air America Media is ceasing its live programming operations as of this afternoon, and that the Company will file soon under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code to carry out an orderly winding-down of the business.

The very difficult economic environment has had a significant impact on Air America’s business. This past year has seen a “perfect storm” in the media industry generally. National and local advertising revenues have fallen drastically, causing many media companies nationwide to fold or seek bankruptcy protection. From large to small, recent bankruptcies like Citadel Broadcasting and closures like that of the industry’s long-time trade publication Radio and Records have signaled that these are very difficult and rapidly changing times.

http://bigjournalism.com/fross/2010/01/ … afternoon/

Ah shucks!! Wouldn't you think with the perfect storm of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, that this company, Air America Media, would be thriving? Why not??

#2 01-22-10 11:09 am

bob

Re: Air America Will File Bankrupcy

bob_2 wrote:

It is with the greatest regret, on behalf of our Board, that we must announce that Air America Media is ceasing its live programming operations as of this afternoon, and that the Company will file soon under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code to carry out an orderly winding-down of the business.

The very difficult economic environment has had a significant impact on Air America’s business. This past year has seen a “perfect storm” in the media industry generally. National and local advertising revenues have fallen drastically, causing many media companies nationwide to fold or seek bankruptcy protection. From large to small, recent bankruptcies like Citadel Broadcasting and closures like that of the industry’s long-time trade publication Radio and Records have signaled that these are very difficult and rapidly changing times.

Ah shucks!! Wouldn't you think with the perfect storm of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, that this company, Air America Media, would be thriving? Why not??

Maybe it is because liberals are not interested in being part of what is happening in government.  They blindly trust the lefties to do what is best for their interests.  They believe big daddy knows best and would rather stay in their proverbial stupor.

It kinda reminds me of most SDAs.  They blindly take the word of someone else (Ellen) and follow like sheep.  I know of what I write, for I too was one of the sheep once.

#3 01-22-10 11:11 am

bob

bob_2 wrote:

Maybe it is because liberals are not interested in being part of what is happening in government.  They blindly trust the lefties to do what is best for their interests.  They believe big daddy knows best and would rather stay in their proverbial stupor.

It kinda reminds me of most SDAs.  They blindly take the word of someone else (Ellen) and follow like sheep.  I know of what I write, for I too was one of the sheep once.

#4 01-25-10 4:15 am

jag

Bob,

Are there any lefties in America? Have there been any? From a non-American perspective it looks like you only have righties and centrists. It would certainly do America a lot of good if there were real lefties there. Even if only to balance some things out.

#5 01-25-10 4:20 pm

bob_2

Sure there are lefties in America. Answer this question? Why do advertisers stick with Rush Limbaugh's show and not support Air America?

Last edited by bob_2 (01-25-10 4:20 pm)

#6 01-26-10 5:38 am

jag

Thanks for the answer, and hope you are right, because from outside America we don't get to see any.  hmm

#7 01-26-10 12:22 pm

bob_2

I missed your answer to my question. Even speculation, eh??

#8 01-26-10 10:58 pm

jag

Sorry, I couldn't answer your question as I did not understand what you asked and assumed it was a rhetorical one. Who/what is Rush Limbaugh?

#9 01-27-10 2:43 am

bob_2

Never mind! Better you don't know if you real don't know.

Board footer