Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 08-03-09 11:06 pm

bob_2

Who's responsible for this "Joker"?

Who's responsible for this "Joker"?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp … os-angeles

#2 08-04-09 4:28 am

don

Re: Who's responsible for this "Joker"?

If all the Republicans, business owners, etc. would open their hearts to the poor and apply their skills to giving them a true hand up. America would rise again to truly great status. :-)

#3 08-04-09 11:35 am

elaine

Why not allow the government to do what individuals are either unwilling or unable to do.
Just as individuals cannot provide police, fire and education, by our taxes, paid by everyone, those services can be provided. It's only a matter of choice--we either choose to neglect the less fortunate among us (who would dare say that all the unemployed today simply don't want to work) we could all be the "unfortunate" if we were laid off. It's already happened to millions, and without unemployment insurance, there would be anarchy--as there as in the early 30s before there was a safety net.

#4 08-05-09 8:27 am

bob_2

Don, no unemployed in Canada, no poor, no homeless??? Huh, you've come a long way since I lived there???

#5 08-05-09 4:20 pm

don

Don, no unemployed in Canada, no poor, no homeless??? Huh, you've come a long way since I lived there???

Hey, here in Canada, we have Republican look-a-likes, we call them Conservatives. lol

For awhile, the Conservatives felt the pressure to be compassionate. They called themselves Progressive Conservatives; not any more.

Now, don't read too much into this. I tend to admire leaders who know how to lead; who can think on their feet; and lead the national debates with clarity and sensitivity to the little guy. Their political/social philosophy plays a much lesser role in my loyalties.

Even our present PM, a Conservative, impresses me on some points:

* He's an educated man, an economist.
    * He has a vision for the Far North.
    * He really does try to rein in his party's extremists.
    * He has successfully run a minority government through several elections.
    * He understands the details of the present economic woes.

#6 08-15-09 1:02 pm

bob_2

Clermont police interview suspect in Obama 'Joker' posters

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breaking news/orl-bk-obama-joker-suspect-081309,0,4959018.s tory

quote:

City officials, meanwhile, are trying to determine what local crimes might be associated with the posting of the images on public and private properties. They've also been busy ripping down the sticky signs because they're a violation of city ordinance regarding illegal signs.

He(investigator)did not have a specific reason why the individual who admitted to putting up the posters spent so much time sticking them to surfaces around the city, but Jensen suspects it may have something to do with a contest linked to the image of the President in white face and smeared lipstick, like the Joker.

#7 01-02-10 8:13 pm

john8verse32

we should not be funning about our beloved Baraq Hussein..because he is named after Mohammeds white donkey who flew him to heaven....which may explain some of O's actions: bowing to the Saudis, claiming there is no terrorism...etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buraq

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

#8 01-03-10 4:11 am

jag

John,
Buraq and Barak may sound alike to you and me, but in Arabic they are different words, and mean different things. Hope you only meant this as a joke.

#9 01-03-10 12:25 pm

john8verse32

I's sure happy nobody ever asked me to belief this miraculous stuff.....

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/1511/

I'm sure glad I'm not superstitious...tho it was always hard enuf to accept a few loaves feeding thousands, dead guys being raised, or
Elijah riding to heaven on a UFO...or God sending bears to kill 42 kids, or our loving God trying to drown everybody simply because "He was sorry He had made them".

but a white donkey...taking Mohammed 1200 miles in one night? then up to heaven and back?

and then rumor has it that later people name their kids after the donkey? whose name may mean "lightning"....

and then the (loyal???) opposition posts pics like this!!!

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

#10 01-03-10 6:41 pm

don

Time will tell;
The ultimate judge of one's legacy;
But, many people like having
an astute and careful thinker
at the head
of the free world.

Board footer