Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 01-07-09 1:07 pm

bob_2

A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents <BR> <BR><a href="http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090107/D95I69AG0.html" target=_top>http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090107/D95I69AG0 .html</a> <BR> <BR><blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>... <BR> <BR>Picking up on an idea from Obama, President George W. Bush on Wednesday was hosting a lunch for the incoming president and the three living former presidents: Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush and Jimmy Carter. It will be the first time all the living presidents have gathered at the White House since 1981. <BR> <BR>...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

#2 01-08-09 8:00 am

don

Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

Obama brings some fresh ideas to the job. Why didn&#39;t someone do this earlier? It should happen every year, IMO.

#3 01-08-09 10:06 am

bob_2

Don, the question, is did he learn anything or like yourself claim credit for the idea of getting together for a photo op????

#4 01-08-09 10:10 pm

don

<b><font color="0000ff">did he learn anything or like yourself claim credit for the idea of getting together for a photo op</font></b> <BR> <BR>The ideal for anyone is not to sing one&#39;s own praises but to let others do it. I have no idea about Obama&#39;s learning skills. There is no doubt about his intelligence, IMO. <BR> <BR>There is plenty of time ahead for Obama to prove himself. Any country benefits when a creative, humane and frugal leader is in charge. Politics is quite predictable and thus suspect. Those who speak favorably for Republicans seldom do so for Democrats and vice versa. <BR><font color="ffffff"><font size="-2">.</font></font>

Board footer