Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 01-28-09 5:56 am

heipauli

Wayne Bent

Last night the Finnish TV-channel 4 &#40;different from yours or of any other country&#41; <BR>presented a program mentioned in Wikipedia &#40;look below&#41; <BR> <BR> <BR>It dealt with Wayne Bent. <BR> <BR>The program was 60 minutes long, including the advertisements. <BR>I did not see the first 20 minutes or so. <BR> <BR>Therefore I do not know, whether the word &#34;Adventist&#34; was mentioned or not. <BR> <BR>But the person who told me to start looking at, was aware of the connection to adventism. <BR> <BR>Apparently that aspect has been set out in the printed media here. <BR> <BR> <BR>What will the demonination &#40;oops! a Freudian slip&#41; do? <BR> <BR>Thus far the action most often resorted to has been &#34;do not see, do not hear, do not speak&#34;. <BR> <BR> <BR>Quote: <BR> <BR>&#34;The Lord Our Righteousness Church, sometimes called the Strong City Cult, is a religious community near Travesser Park, Union County, New Mexico. It originated with a group of about eighty adherents who migrated to the area from Sandpoint, Idaho in 2000;[1] in 2008, the community consisted of approximately fifty people. The community believes in modesty of dress and the women wear long skirts and dresses, and reportedly mix well with the local people.[1] <BR>Its leader, Wayne Bent, born May 18, 1941,[1] is known as Michael Travesser within the church.[2] Bent, once a Seventh-day Adventist pastor, left his denomination with others of like mind in 1987 and has since referred to that church as one of the &#34;daughters of the great harlot&#34; condemned in the book of Revelation.[3] Bent claims that, during an experience in his living room in June 2000, God told him, &#34;You are the Messiah.&#34; Bent has since stated, &#34;I am the embodiment of God. I am divinity and humanity combined.&#34;[4] <BR>The group&#39;s website contains frequently-updated writings and videos, including a nearly two-hour long documentary entitled Experiencing the Finished Work.[5]&#34; <BR> <BR>The source: <BR> <BR><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Bent" target=_top>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Bent</a> <BR> <BR>has much more to reveal than those lines just quoted.

Board footer