Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#26 11-11-09 11:21 am

bob

Re: The Bible on the Practice of Tithing

don wrote:

I find it interesting that once he moved beyond his connections with Adventism, it was then, not sooner, that he began to rethink some of his doctrines. Our immediate environment plays a very significant role in how we look at things. We are not controlled by it, but we need to know how powerful our immediate environment is.

Mind control is a very powerful tool. It is so subtle that the group it is practiced on is not in the least aware it is happening. On a person is being released form this control, by the Holy Spirit, it takes time and study to brake the full extent of the curse.

I pray for all who are under this curse. I know it is being used because I was a victim. I am still unlearning and learning anew.

I believe Ellen White and especially James White learned this cursed tool early on in their career. James used Ellen and Ellen became a master of control. If she could not control those under her she would cast them off like used toilet paper and try to degrade them with her knife cutting rhetoric.

#27 11-11-09 11:59 am

bob

Re: The Bible on the Practice of Tithing

I found this to be of interest. It does not pertain to tithing, but the principal applies to even the 10. I like the word "even" as used.

"That Moses does not bind the Gentiles can be proved from Exodus 20:1, where God himself speaks, 'I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.' This text...makes it clear that even the Ten Commandments do not pertain to us. For God never led us out of Egypt, but only the Jews. The sectarian spirits want to saddle us with Moses and all the commandments. We will just skip that. We will regard Moses as a teacher, but we will not regard him as our lawgiver unless he agrees with both the New Testament and the natural law...Paul and the New Testament...abolish the Sabbath, to show us that the Sabbath was given to the Jews alone." - Martin Luther, "How Christians Should Regard Moses", Luther's Works, 35:165-166.

Board footer