Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 04-07-09 12:09 am

bob_2

Justice Denied

Elaine, browse this and tell me if you think the Coffins should have airs their beef this way??? <BR> <BR><a href="http://justicedeniedjamescoffin.blogspot.com/2008/08/1-of-54-few-up-front-acknowledgements.html" target=_top>http://justicedeniedjamescoffin.blogspot.com/2008/ 08/1-of-54-few-up-front-acknowledgements.html</a>

#2 04-07-09 9:36 pm

elaine

Re: Justice Denied

I can&#39;t be the judge of what is available on the internet.  It sounds as if Coffin has been poorly treated, but we are unable to know what the opposition knows.  However, it is not too surprising, knowing how the official church has worked in the past.

#3 04-07-09 9:38 pm

elaine

People usually only go public when they have been repeatedly refused a hearing within their own organization.  Happens all the time, it&#39;s what our courts are filled with.

#4 04-08-09 3:20 pm

bob_2

I&#39;m with the guy in the AToday Blog that asked where the Florda Conference President was when this was going on, why the Coffins didn&#39;t appeal to him to have the mistreatment stopped.  <BR> <BR>I&#39;m not sure I have too much sympathy for the Coffins. When my brother died, who had wronged me and others in our family, I went to his funeral to bring closure, even though one of his kids threw a tantrum, or had an anxiety attack at the service and my other brother and I had to wait until after the service for a private viewing. Family squabbles no one likes, nor likes to get into, do they???

#5 04-08-09 9:08 pm

john8verse32

family squabble.... you mean, like Olde Abes kids? <BR>where he threw out the firstborn against the rules, and the decendants of the 2nd born are still trying to expel the others?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

#6 04-08-09 11:47 pm

bob_2

You read funny, boy, was Hagar his wife???? I guess a little detail like that can spoil the puddin&#39;, eh, John???

#7 04-09-09 9:25 am

john8verse32

just another example of how ignorant the ancients were....they thought that a guys semen contained seeds, and it didn&#39;t matter which woman incubated the seed...   so the slave girl Hagar was substituted at the request of  Abe&#39;s sister/ wife,  meaning that a son born of that union would have been legitimate?  and Ishmael should have received the blessing and inherited the goats and the land .... <BR> <BR>but since Sarai later got preggers herself, she wanted her offspring to receive the benefits and conspired with Abe to expel Hagar and Ishmael into the desert .... <BR> <BR>and the Arabs have been unhappy ever since.... <BR>possibly with good cause... <BR> <BR>and one wonders why an omniscient God would not have foreseen that... <BR> <BR>and why He would give the desert with the oil to the enemies of His favorite tribe. Could it be that He didn&#39;t know where the oil was?  under those miles of sediment?  or was he deliberately punishing the Hebrews for expelling the Arabs, and gave the oil away to their enemies as a punishment? <BR> <BR>its certainly punishing us...the inheritors of the belief and the current believers of the story. <BR> <BR>&#40;presuming you believe everything literally,  which the Arabs do, tho they believe that Ishmael was the legitimate heir to Abe&#39;s goods and land..and they want it back!!!&#41;

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

#8 04-09-09 10:56 am

bob_2

Maybe the &#34;final test&#34; involves loving thy neighbor rather than the Sabbath. Tolerance to get enough oil controlled by the Arab contries???

Board footer