Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 02-05-09 11:54 pm

bob_2

Robert Folkenberg, Jr., to Helm Upper Columbia Conference

Robert Folkenberg, Jr., to Helm Upper Columbia Conference <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.adventistreview.com/article.php?id=2380" target=_top>http://www.adventistreview.com/article.php?id=2380</a> <BR> <BR>Is that a good thing? There is something about nepotism and dynasties in the SDA church that sets me on edge. My impression is nepotism, being as prominent in SDAism, and our institutions is what keeps labor unions at bay in hospitals and statements from the above article like this, possible: <BR> <BR><blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>... <BR> <BR>“My focus, no matter where I’ve been ... it’s just been about training and mobilizing our church to accomplish its mission,” Folkenberg said. “ When you get people involved in mission, they grow spiritually [and] they’re nurtured. People are united, with a single purpose. When we all unite, a lot of the secondary and trivial issues that divide, [simply] disappear.” <BR> <BR>...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR> <BR>Sort of like Obama&#39;s rush to a stimulus package with no analysis, IMHO.

#2 02-06-09 12:43 pm

bob

Re: Robert Folkenberg, Jr., to Helm Upper Columbia Conference

It is hard to find people who meet the following requirements: “The greatest want of the world is the want of men—men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall” &#40;Education, p. 57&#41;. <BR> <BR>Lets hope he isn&#39;t a &#34;chip off the old block&#34;.

#3 02-06-09 12:45 pm

bob

Re: Robert Folkenberg, Jr., to Helm Upper Columbia Conference

As a matter of fact it is hard to find prophets who meet those requirements.  B

Board footer