Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 12-28-08 11:37 am

bob_2

Supersessionism - Why we have to talk about it

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 6:55 pm:

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
By definistion:

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
quote:
Supersessionism (British English: supercessionism) and replacement theology are particular interpretations of New Testament claims, viewing God's relationship with Christians as being either the replacement or completion of the promise made to the Jews (or Israelites) and Jewish Proselytes. Biblical expressions of God's relationships with people are known as covenants,[1] so the contentious element of supersessionism is the idea that God's New Covenant with the Christian Church replaces God's Mosaic Covenant with Israel and B'nei Noah, and in particular the Mosaic Law (or Torah).

Like the quote says, Replacement Theology, that Ron Corson use to oppose so vehemently, is synonomous with Supersessionism. Maybe I can attract Ron back to give some give and take on this subject.

Board footer