Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 01-12-09 2:00 am

heipauli

Revelation 18 and global economics

Please, read Revelation 18 once again and let yourself count, how many times there are hints to religion and how many times to issues connected with global trade! <BR> <BR>I was surprised when I did it.

#2 01-12-09 2:04 am

heipauli

Re: Revelation 18 and global economics

Friday, 09 January 2009 12:12  <BR>&#34;The value of new orders in Finland&#39;s manufacturing sector plummeted by about 34 per cent year-on-year in November, Statistics Finland &#40;SF&#41; said in a statement Friday. <BR>&#34;The decline in new orders was particularly strong in the metal industry, where it amounted to 43.6 per cent,&#34; the government agency added. <BR> <BR>STT&#34; <BR> <BR>The text above can be found by using the following link: <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/htimes/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36&Itemid=202" target=_top>http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/htimes/index.php?optio n=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36&Item id=202</a>

#3 01-12-09 2:11 am

heipauli

The current Secretary of the Treasury Mr. Katainen some weeks ago predicted that what is waiting Finland in near future might be militarywize comparable to Finnish Winter War. <BR> <BR>Later on the ex-speaker of the parliament, Mr. Paavo Lipponen told as his opinion that Harmageddon might be the name more suitable to the fate waiting for us. <BR> <BR>I myself have during the last few months made preparations for the possible total meltdown of the global economy. <BR> <BR>Not that I could avert it, but IMHO it is better to be prepared than unprepared... <BR> <BR>&#40;Message edited by heipauli on January 12, 2009&#41;

#4 01-12-09 2:16 am

heipauli

If November was a steep downhill, December is more like a free fall. <BR> <BR>The taxation figures for businesses re: December became available a couple of days ago. <BR> <BR>It seems that in December 2008 the taxable income for industry, commerce etc was only about one tenth of that in January 2008.

#5 01-12-09 2:29 am

heipauli

The &#34;one tenth&#34; was a rough estimate of mine. <BR> <BR>The actual figure for Jan. 2008 was 535 million euros and for Dec. 2008  83 million euros. <BR> <BR>But still...

Board footer