Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 06-04-09 12:38 am

admin
Administrator

America

Back home in TN for the summer.  For all its problems, it sure feels good to be back in America.

#2 06-04-09 10:30 am

neal

Re: America

What church do you attend in TN?  You are in Collegedale, correct? <BR> <BR>I have several family members in/near Collegedale. <BR> <BR>Now that you are back in the States you are rid of being a minority for a while.  I never imagined what it was like to be a minority race until spending some time in Hong Kong.  Pretty weird.

#3 06-04-09 10:31 am

john8verse32

watermelon, sweet corn, vine ripe tomatos, moonshine, BBQ&#39;s, the Charlie Daniels Band, and everyone &#40;well, mostly&#41; speaking English!!!

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

#4 06-04-09 3:30 pm

elaine

You didn&#39;t mention the biscuits and gravy?  Good ol&#39; Soul Food!  &#39;Course here in California, we get fresh veggies all year round--at a price!

#5 06-04-09 4:13 pm

john8verse32

and the Linketts on the barbie.... <BR> <BR>tho my best recollection of a good picnic includes &#34;haystacks&#34; alongside the watermelon. <BR> <BR>thats a stack of Fritoes, covered with steamed rice and some kind of beans, topped with chopped lettuce, pickles, olives, sliced fresh tomatoes, sprinkled with diced fry-Chix & various cheeses, smothered in your fave dressing, and then  peppered  with Bacon Bits.  <BR> <BR>gotta wear old t-shirts and blue jeans in order to wipe  your hands off..... <BR> <BR>all washed down with my special libation: <BR> <BR>in a large plastic glass or cup, fill 1/4  with Tropicana OJ, then tilt 45 degrees and freeze,  later, another quarter fill of of cran-raspberry, tilted the other way, and when slushy frozen and ready to serve,  fill with Mountain Dew,  sliced strawberries &/or fresh blueberries  and  peach schnaps appropriate to taste, religulous beliefs and driving conditions. <BR> <BR>enjoy your summer!!!

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

#6 06-04-09 7:36 pm

elaine

Wow!  Sounds like a lucious cooler to drink! <BR> <BR>Does it rival a smoothie?

Board footer