Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 07-16-11 6:50 am

Old Abe

USA Financial Insolvancy

Listening to the CBC news this morning I find it remarkable that the world's supposedly super power is teetering on the brink of financial ruin.

Ah the legacy of George W Bush lives on. And Obama is powerless to change it.

What an inglorious end for a nation brought down by its own excesses. But then every nation and empire in history has ended the same way but America's rule on the world stage lasted less than one hundred years.

#2 09-10-11 1:16 am

bob_2

Re: USA Financial Insolvancy

Old Abe said:

Ah the legacy of George W Bush lives on. And Obama is powerless to change it.

i  agree that their was no budget for two wars, but without security of US and its allies, there is nothing to strive for in a free society, because there will not be any free society to value. You need to read some of what Obama cut is teeth on. Some say he wants anarchy, some say reparations in program form for Native Indians and African American. He was a community organizer, never created jobs or run a company and voted present most of the time so you don't know what he would do when his rhetoric got him in the WH.

What has Obama done to give the appearance of powerlessness:

1. Shut down all drill rigs in the Gulf and other drilling locations.

2. invested money in 3 solar companies all having to file bankruptcy and sending jobs to China because of the Unions that have run up salaries and pensions, but if we want to be competitive we're going to have to go isolationist where tariffs are again put on goods from other countries, so they have to abide by EPA, NLRB, EEOC and others laws stiffling our recovery. Exec of these big companies want the clean environment so they can fish and swim in clean water

3. Windmill energy kills raptors like Golden Eagles that may have to be put on the endangered list.

4. We don't have grid to get the energy from the windmill to the East where it is needed.

These are just some of the contraditions from the WH. Either He doesn't want to see or he sees and he wants anarchy  but welcomes it so he can save the day. Look at this book "Rules for Radicals" by Alinsky. This one of his mentors before political life. Google Obama and Reparations. My view is I think he has raided the treasury and ought to get out of the cronism and do what's best for the country. He seems egotistical enough to want his ideas implemented unilateral. I don't think that is the way the Senate or Congress works.

Last edited by bob_2 (09-10-11 1:26 am)

#3 12-03-15 3:28 pm

tom_norris
Adventist Reform
Website

Re: USA Financial Insolvancy

Washington Adventist University Mourns the Death of
Psychology Professor Gladstone Gurubatham

https://www.wau.edu/washington-adventis … urubatham/

Board footer