Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 06-10-11 1:47 am

bob_2

Hold them accountable (because the truth matters)

Check out this site exposing Spectrum for what they are.

#2 06-11-11 2:31 am

tom_norris
Adventist Reform
Website

Re: Hold them accountable (because the truth matters)

Bob, here is the link:

http://adventisttruth.webs.com/burtongatenotracist.htm

This site seems TSDA.  Which is why they claim that Amazing Facts, It is Written, and Adventist Affirm are “Sites which are faithful to biblical Adventist teaching.”

But Spectrum and AToday are “Questionable” sites, “owned and operated by people who remain nominal members of the church but no longer think the church's teachings make sense for the most part.

http://adventisttruth.webs.com/apps/links/

Perhaps one day they will stumble upon Adventist Reform?  Then they will have something worthwhile to discuss.

#3 06-11-11 7:31 pm

bob_2

Thanks Tom, I forgot the most important part of the post, the link.

#4 12-04-11 7:13 pm

l_miller

Breaking News---Adventist Womem suffer another blow by church leaders                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   http://spectrummagazine.org/blog/2011/1 … ch-leaders

#5 12-04-11 7:26 pm

l_miller

I was looking for a confirmation that Pastor Doug Batchelor is not  in  Amazing Facts Television, and that he went back to his cave. I don't believe everything I read, but it's good to check out the facts.

#6 12-04-11 7:34 pm

l_miller

Thursday, November 3, 2011
After Pro-Women Vote, Pastor Doug Returns to Cave

Seventh-day Adventist MegaPastor-Evangelist Doug Batchelor is reportedly walking away from his Amazing Facts empire after a proposal to allow women to be presidents within the denomination "went south."

After news broke that in North America, women would be allowed to challenge men for top positions following an overwhelming vote in favor of not restricting conference presidency to people with "boy parts," Batchelor said on his radio show, "I didn't go to semen-ary just to see this happen. Come to think of it, I didn't go to semen-ary."

The senior pastor of the Sacramento Central Adventist Church told his members that he would be returning to the cave of his youth where he could "swim in the buff without having to worry about women." According to reports, Batchelor will also be selling off his media-related assets, which include a satellite, a radio show, a television show, an internet show, a website with a "donate" button, and several "viral" videos in which he can be seen claiming that women should not be attend seminaries because the root of the word seminary is "semen" which women clearly do not possess (this is actually true). The videos do not, however, place any prohibitions on women who give semen-ars.

With the wealth from the Amazing Facts selloff, Batchelor is expected to reclaim his former title of "The Richest Caveman" as he returns to his cave. Sources tell us that he is already in negotiations with Amazing Facts TV concerning a proposed reality show entitled "The MAN Cave: No Girls Allowed."

And remember--It doesn't matter if it's true or not if you read it on the Internets.

#7 12-04-11 8:02 pm

l_miller

This one is interesting also                                                  http://spectrummagazine.org/blog/2010/0 … -ministers. Don't forget to read the General Responses

#8 12-05-11 1:16 am

bob_2

I. Miller, share with us Spectrum's words, some of us are banned after stating what Alex Carpenter, David Larson and Charles Scriven believe and what the SDA church claims to believe and the difference.

#9 12-09-11 1:40 am

l_miller

bob2, I won't comment on Rondon, sorry.

#10 01-14-12 6:09 pm

l_miller

http://ww.spectrummagazine.org/blog/201 … o-spectrum. Can it be said of Adventist of Tomorrow?                                                                                                                                                   
Who is Spectrum?

We live in Africa. We live in Australia. We live in Lincoln, Nebraska.

We are seminary students. We are lawyers.  We are Sabbath School teachers. We work at the General Conference. We’re out of a job. We’re retired. We’re looking for a post-doc position.

We run from the church. We run the church.

We are all the 99% Wall Street occupiers. And some Tea Party members, too.

We love the church. We left the church.  We love to talk about the church. We defend institutions. We love the people.

We are the readers of Spectrum, the Spectrumites as some like to call us. We are the several hundred thousand unique visitors who came to the web site in 2011, and 35% of us are new to the site.

Seeing that the Sabbath School lesson is about the Trinity, we let everyone know we don’t believe in the Trinity. Or we say anyone who disbelieves in the Trinity is a heretic. Either way, if we teach the lesson, and it’s Friday night, we go directly to the Sabbath School commentary: Can it provide an idea about where to take the discussion?

We love the blog, but hate the rancor in the comments. We love the comments and can’t wait to read what the regulars have to say. We wish that they would pipe down a little. We miss the ability to vote a comment up or down. We can’t read the comments anymore, it just gets us too upset.

Can’t we just have a cordial exchange between educated people with well-thought-out opinions? Can just anybody join the conversation? Why do we let people continue to comment when all they want to do is to tear down the site? Or, tear down the church? Or, tear down each other?

We’re erudite, gracious, bombastic, sarcastic, diplomatic, wrong-headed, right-minded, critical, enthusiastic community members.

We love each other. We tolerate each other. We have to keep talking to each other.

We want to believe that they will know us by our love. Or, is it by our honesty?

We thank each and every one of you for being part of Spectrum. Let’s all reach for  our higher selves and take the conversation to new heights of cordiality and grace in 2012.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            http://ww.spectrummagazine.org/blog/201 … o-spectrum

#11 01-14-12 6:50 pm

bob_2

@ Miller, who is Rondon???

#12 01-14-12 7:50 pm

l_miller

bob2, no games please. Someone can get hurt here.

#13 01-15-12 5:11 pm

bob_2

No games, I do not know who is Rondon.A couple of  points about Spectrum:

1. My IP has been banned because they
didn't want to discuss things with me.

2 My handle there was not Rondon, but Rondo.

3. If you want me to react to some quote from Spectrum, realize you will have to cut and paste here, and use  my correct handle. I do not understand about your threat to "hurt someone."

Last edited by bob_2 (01-15-12 5:24 pm)

#14 01-15-12 8:09 pm

l_miller

You need to trade your glasses in for a pair of discernment glasses study more and post less.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Are you castigating me? Does Having Had A Tough Childhood Make You A Better Parent?

#15 01-15-12 11:26 pm

bob_2

Sorry Miller. You appear to be the games player here. I would be glad to join the conversation if I'm clear on your point.

#16 01-19-12 1:19 am

l_miller

“Talk may be cheap but intelligent conversation is very expensive these days. Ask anyone with a kid in college.”

#17 01-20-12 1:08 am

bob_2

I.miller, just cut and paste the article from Spectrum to here, I for one can't access and read it, so if you want and answer I would be glad to give it as to why I said what I did. You remarks are so disjointed, I can't give a response.

Last edited by bob_2 (01-20-12 1:09 am)

#18 01-20-12 4:12 pm

l_miller

There is something you said about guys like Bell, Carpenter, Dwyer and Scriven. Alex ought to be removed from his role there. You asked them a question that was too sensitive . What was that?

#19 01-20-12 4:15 pm

l_miller

When someone asks, "Do you think this dress is nice?"...
To say that it's nice would be a terrible lie.

#20 01-20-12 8:33 pm

bob_2

Miller, I do not save my posts at Spectrum. If they have something on me, or you have on me, bring it on. If you and they and I don't remember what it was, someone had to know what was so sensitive, but I don't have time for guessing games. The four that I named are in charge of what was posted in Spectruml. So, Miller, look and determine if there was anything other than tone that they objected to.

#21 01-21-12 2:14 am

l_miller

bob2, I had the feeling you going to say that. If I say you are being reckless, you would say I don't know what you are talking about. But if you have repented ( turn away from it) no problem. Check out this Adventist of Tomorrow and see if it ring the bell. tom is not lying.

#22 01-21-12 2:16 am

l_miller

Bob2 said:  What a shame he is listed as an EXPERT on AllExpert.com. Sheeeesh, as JR would say, RIP.

Tom said:  JR made it clear that the SDA’s needed Reform, not total destruction as many advocated.  To underscore this point, he drew a line with the Sabbath.  He would not allow anyone to use the site to promote an anti-Sabbath agenda.  I agreed.  The same policy still applies to this site.

Here is JR’s warning to those, like yourself, that would try and eliminate the doctrine of the Sabbath:

#8. This discussion forum is NOT. repeat….”NOT” a hate forum toward the Seventh-day Adventist Denomination, nor is it a forum for the promotion of any other religious faith/philosophy/belief system.

If that is your goal in visiting here….go somewhere else, or start your own website!

Once it is apparent that controversy AGAINST the Seventh-day Denomination is your goal, vs. thoughtful discussion on possible problems within the denomination. Your post will probably be deleted!

http://www.atomorrow.net/fluxbb/viewtop … 9834#p9834

So you have been breaking the rules with your rude and confused campaign against the Sabbath for a long time.  If you really think there is no Sabbath for the church, then you need to go post somewhere else, because Adventist Reform will never embrace such blasphemy and absurd theology.  Sorry.

I suggest that you use whatever time you have left to try and understand the Gospel and the NC teachings of Christ before it is too late. 

I hope this helps.

Tom Norris for Adventist Reform

#23 01-21-12 3:52 pm

bob_2

While J.R. was alive he approached me to see if I was antiSDA. My explanation satisfied him I was not trying to do that. I will leave you to search for that post. Tom has said more hateful things about SDAism and his Reformed Sabbath.  I have not tried to destroy the SDA church but  tried to put forth that they were not following scripture like Col 2:16-17. The Seventh day Adventist church if they put the template of NCT over it need not destroy it but be true to the scriptures, and not EGW's halo vision that is unbiblical. The issue is not a day, but the Gospel. Tom has made the day the issue. I challenge you to read:

http://www.gci.org/law/sabbath/sundayqa

This is a church that still exists after studying the issue. The SDA church if they study the issue, truthfully, may come to some of the same conclusions, and still remain a church. I can worship on Saturday as long as it is not suggested it is under the NCT a salvific act. That is far different than what Tom Norris is hatefully saying about the SDA church.

#24 01-21-12 10:41 pm

l_miller

bob2, You still thinking of go somewhere else, or start your own website?

#25 01-22-12 1:29 am

bob_2

Turned 60 last year. It might be fun, but I don't have the energy I once had.

Board footer