Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 03-07-11 11:57 pm

Ryan
Administrator
Website

Switch from PunBB to FluxBB and change in layout

If you visited the forums today, you probably saw what I had written earlier:

I woke up this morning and discovered that atomorrow.net would not load because of errors in the "header.php" file.  Considering I have not touched this file for months, at the moment I believe this to be an error by the hosting company.  I will be in contact with them today.  Fortunately I had a backup forum at www.atomorrow.net/fluxbb co-existing with the main forum.  I have redirected www.atomorrow.net to this backup forum for the time being.

I will try to update all of you as I find out more information, but this board should be functional for the time being.  The only problem you may encounter is that your old passwords may not work.  If this occurs, simply request a new password by:

1)  Clicking on "Forgotten your password?"<br>
2)  Entering the e-mail address you used to register<br>
3)  Following the instructions on the e-mail you will receive<p>

If you need any help please e-mail me at admin@atomorrow.net.  I apologize for any inconvenience, but we will get at the root of this!

After redirecting the site to my FluxBB backup, I decided to simply keep FluxBB as the forum software instead of going back to PunBB.  In the past months I've been thinking about making the switch to FluxBB for various reasons, and today gave me the motivation to do it.  I'm happy with the software and its development, and I believe it will serve our purposes for quite some time. 

You will notice differences: some are quite obvious (the new layout) while some are more obscure.  Feel free to respond to this post or to e-mail me if the differences bother you, if you need help, etc. 

If you'd like to continue posting, please don't forget to request a new password.  See the quote above for help. 

In conclusion, I think a situation that could've been very annoying ended positively. 

Ryan

Board footer