Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 03-11-10 5:28 am

bob_2

Nancy Pelosi Quotes

Nancy Pelosi Quotes

• It takes a woman to clean House. (2006 CNN interview)

• You must drain the swamp if you are going to govern for the people. (2006)

• Democrats did not connect well enough with the American people.... We're ready for the next session of Congress. We're ready for the next election. (after 2004 elections)

• We're being governed by decree. The president decides on a figure, he sends it over and we don't even get a chance to look at it much before we're called upon to vote on it. (September 8, 2005) [Sound familiar to her style of current management]

• Anybody who's ever dealt with me knows not to mess with me.

• Representative Paul E. Kanjorski: "Nancy is the kind of person you can disagree with without being disagreeable." [We hope, don't we??]

• Journalist David Firestone: "The ability to make merry while reaching for the jugular is an essential characteristic for politicians, and friends say Ms. Pelosi learned it from one of the classic political bosses and characters of an earlier era." [Who was that person she learned her ruthlessness from. It was her father.

The ability to make merry while reaching for the jugular is an essential characteristic for politicians, and friends say Ms. Pelosi learned it from one of the classic political bosses and characters of an earlier era, Thomas J. D'Alesandro Jr., a congressman, mayor of Baltimore and doler of favors for northeastern Maryland for 40 years.

Known for his straw hats and jokes, Mr. D'Alesandro tempered his New Deal populism with a pragmatic and occasionally ruthless understanding of how to get things done. One of his sons was also a Baltimore mayor in the 1960's, and his daughter changed her name from Nancy D'Alesandro when she married Paul F. Pelosi in 1963, having inherited an enthusiasm for the two-way streets of politics that she never shook off. ]

#2 03-11-10 5:37 am

bob_2

Re: Nancy Pelosi Quotes

''She has always said to me that she learned something important from her father,'' said Art Torres, chairman of the California Democratic Party, a post Ms. Pelosi held 20 years ago. ''No matter how much you disagree with someone, always keep the friendship in your voice. She knows how to be persuasive, and today she showed she could do it better than some of the guys.'' [persuasion or dictatorship, time will tell]

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/10/us/20 … l-way.html

Board footer