Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 04-12-09 11:08 pm

bob_2

Obama's Fascinating Interview with Cathleen Falsani

Obama&#39;s Fascinating Interview with Cathleen Falsani <BR> <BR>and his faith, religious.   <BR> <BR><a href="http://blog.beliefnet.com/stevenwaldman/2008/11/obamas-interview-with-cathleen.html" target=_top>http://blog.beliefnet.com/stevenwaldman/2008/11/ob amas-interview-with-cathleen.html</a> <BR> <BR>Interesting excerpt:  <BR> <BR><blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>FALSANI: <BR>Do you believe in sin? <BR> <BR>OBAMA: <BR>Yes. <BR> <BR>FALSANI: <BR>What is sin? <BR> <BR>OBAMA: <BR>Being out of alignment with my values. <BR> <BR><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

#2 04-13-09 5:32 pm

bob_2

Re: Obama&#39;s Fascinating Interview with Cathleen Falsani

Here&#39;s another quote from this article, this is Obama speaking:  <BR> <BR><blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>OBAMA: ... <BR> <BR>But I don&#39;t think that&#39;s unique to me. I think that each of us when we walk into our church or mosque or synagogue are interpreting that experience in different ways, are reading scriptures in different ways and are arriving at our own understanding at different ways and in different phases. <BR> <BR>I don&#39;t know a healthy congregation or an effective minister who doesn&#39;t recognize that. <BR> <BR>If all it took was someone proclaiming I believe Jesus Christ and that he died for my sins, and that was all there was to it, people wouldn&#39;t have to keep coming to church, would they. <BR> <BR><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR> <BR>Keep coming to Church, that saves???? This is our president???? WOW.

Board footer