Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 02-04-09 6:36 am

heipauli

National anthem should be updated

Updating needed on lyrics of National anthem: <BR> <BR>Quote: <BR> <BR>&#34;Profitability of the Kittilä Gold Mine in northern Finland has risen dramatically as a result of the world economic crisis.  <BR>According to Igmar Haga, European Director of mine owner Agnicola Eagle, the price of gold has doubled in three years. Haga adds investors have purchased large quantities of the precious metal since last summer. The company believes the price of gold will remain high and could even increase.  <BR>The Kittilä Gold Mine currently produces four gold ingots a week, each with a value of around 600,000 euros.  <BR>Gold will be mined in Kittilä for about fifteen more years but a rich future could lie ahead as the company has so far only researched a small 850 hectare area.  <BR>Mining at Kittilä was considered as a profitable venture when operations started three years ago. Most of its gold goes nowadays to investors following a decline in the jewel business.  <BR>Finland is now the EU’s leading gold miner thanks to the Kittilä facility. However, in world stakes, its 0.2 percent contribution to overall gold mining remains small. &#34; <BR> <BR>Source: <BR><a href="http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2009/02/kittila_sits_on_a_gold_mine_523014.html" target=_top>http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2009/02/kittila_sits_on _a_gold_mine_523014.html</a> <BR> <BR>But back to anthem: <BR> <BR>Rewording is needed because the anthem proclaims that &#34;our country is poor, if you long for gold...&#34;

#2 02-05-09 1:21 am

bob_2

Re: National anthem should be updated

OK, Let&#39;s talk about Canada, and get my brother Don involved. Is the anthem sexist and outdated?:  <BR> <BR><blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>O Canada! <BR>Our home and native land! <BR>True patriot love in all thy sons command. <BR>With glowing hearts we see thee rise, <BR>The True North strong and free! <BR>From far and wide, O Canada, <BR>We stand on guard for thee. <BR>God keep our land glorious and free! <BR>O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. <BR>O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

#3 02-05-09 2:47 am

don

Re: National anthem should be updated

<b><font color="0000ff">True patriot love in all thy sons command.</font></b> <BR> <BR>This is sexist for the literalist. Is it outdated? That line&#39;s wording is. The rest doesn&#39;t seem to be. <BR> <BR>I think Pauli has a point about Gold and Finland. <BR><font size="-2"><font color="ffffff">.</font></font>

Board footer