Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 01-24-09 2:28 pm

bob_2

Should Rush Limbaugh be silenced per Obama?

Should Rush Limbaugh be silenced per Obama? <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.nypost.com/seven/01232009/news/politics/prez_zings_gop_foe_in_a_timulating_talk_151572.htm" target=_top>http://www.nypost.com/seven/01232009/news/politics /prez_zings_gop_foe_in_a_timulating_talk_151572.ht m</a> <BR> <BR><blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>WASHINGTON -- President Obama warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration.  <BR> <BR>&#34;You can&#39;t just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done,&#34; he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.  <BR> <BR>...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR> <BR>What if that had been the words of George Bush every time that Obama talked about &#34;the last eight years&#34;. What if it had been &#34;You can&#39;t listen to Obama, Pelosi and Reid...&#34; This new President has no mandate to silence the putting forth of ideas. If Rush&#39;s ideas are wrong point our why and move on. Obama has had a tendency to get personal when his &#34;Messianic&#34; status is challenged. He is going to have  to GET OVER IT.  <BR> <BR>Between Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hannity, they two are the top talk show hosts in the country. If he thinks for a moment they are going away, just ask their advertisers. Shame on you Obama, this is no way to open up your Presidency trying to stifle ideas you said you wanted from all sectors!!!

#2 01-24-09 8:11 pm

renie

Re: Should Rush Limbaugh be silenced per Obama?

Come on Bob.  You defend two Obama haters who say all kinds of garbage about the pres.  <BR> <BR>If Obama had been the Captain on the plane that crashed  into the Hudson river, Rush and Shawn would have found something that he did wrong in flying the plane. <BR> <BR>Rush and Shawn are rabid Obama haters.  They get a lot of money for being who they are. <BR> <BR>renie

#3 01-24-09 11:08 pm

elaine

Only public opinion can squelch Limbaugh and Coulter.

#4 01-24-09 11:59 pm

bob_2

Irene, if Obama was a pilot on US Air, he wouldn&#39;t have been campaigning, and Hannity and Rush would have nothing to argue about with the pilot. The pilot is a hero. US Air may be in trouble because they had trouble with the same plane and same engines two days before. There may be a problem there.  <BR> <BR>Rush and Hannity are not Obama haters, certainly not the way Obama was a Bush hater and mentioned his problems starting 8 years ago. That is over simplifying where the problems began. Obama is  a Bush hater, not Hannity an Obama hater. Even O&#39;Reilly in his interview gave Obama some slack, but O&#39;Reilly has said they will follow Obama to see if does what he promised. That is only fair, right?  <BR> <BR>Hannity and Rush are the loyal opposition. Elaine, if after the Democrats would not let Bush be the one to fix Social Security on his watch, now they want bipartisan cooperation, I think they will but they will be cautious.

#5 01-25-09 12:32 pm

bob_2

Rush responds:  <BR> <BR><blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>Limbaugh Responds to Obama   [Byron York] <BR> <BR> <BR>According to an account in the New York Post, President Barack Obama yesterday told Republican leaders, &#34;You can&#39;t just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done.&#34;  With George W. Bush now off the stage, it may be that Obama and some of his fellow Democrats view Limbaugh, and not John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, or any other elected official, as the true leader of the Republican opposition.  This morning I asked Rush for his thoughts on all this, and here is his response: <BR> <BR>There are two things going on here. One prong of the Great Unifier&#39;s plan is to isolate elected Republicans from their voters and supporters by making the argument about me and not about his plan. He is hoping that these Republicans will also publicly denounce me and thus marginalize me. And who knows? Are ideological and philosophical ties enough to keep the GOP loyal to their voters? Meanwhile, the effort to foist all blame for this mess on the private sector continues unabated when most of the blame for this current debacle can be laid at the feet of the Congress and a couple of former presidents. And there is a strategic reason for this. <BR> <BR>Secondly, here is a combo quote from the meeting: <BR> <BR>&#34;If we don&#39;t get this done we &#40;the Democrats&#41; could lose seats and I could lose re-election. But we can&#39;t let people like Rush Limbaugh stall this. That&#39;s how things don&#39;t get done in this town.&#34; <BR> <BR>To make the argument about me instead of his plan makes sense from his perspective.  Obama&#39;s plan would buy votes for the Democrat Party, in the same way FDR&#39;s New Deal established majority power for 50 years of Democrat rule, and it would also simultaneously seriously damage any hope of future tax cuts.  It would allow a majority of American voters to guarantee no taxes for themselves going forward.  It would burden the private sector and put the public sector in permanent and firm control of the economy. Put simply, I believe his stimulus is aimed at re-establishing &#34;eternal&#34; power for the Democrat Party rather than stimulating the economy because anyone with a brain knows this is NOT how you stimulate the economy. If I can be made to serve as a distraction, then there is that much less time debating the merits of this TRILLION dollar debacle. <BR> <BR>Obama was angry that Merrill Lynch used $1.2 million of TARP money to remodel an executive suite. Excuse me, but didn&#39;t Merrill have to hire a decorator and contractor? Didn&#39;t they have to buy the new furnishings? What&#39;s the difference in that and Merrill loaning that money to a decorator, contractor and goods supplier to remodel Warren Buffet&#39;s office? Either way, stimulus in the private sector occurs. Are we really at the point where the bad PR of Merrill getting a redecorated office in the process is reason to smear them? How much money will the Obamas spend redecorating the White House residence? Whose money will be spent? I have no problem with the Obamas redoing the place. It is tradition. 600 private jets flown by rich Democrats flew into the Inauguration. That&#39;s fine but the auto execs using theirs is a crime? In both instances, the people on those jets arrived in Washington wanting something from Washington, not just good will. <BR> <BR>If I can be made to serve as a distraction, then there is that much less time debating the merits of the trillion dollar debacle. <BR> <BR>One more thing, Byron. Your publication and website have documented Obama&#39;s ties to the teachings of Saul Alinksy while he was community organizing in Chicago. Here is Rule 13 of Alinksy&#39;s Rules for Radicals: <BR> <BR>&#34;Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.&#34; <BR> <BR> <BR>01/24 03:32 PM <BR><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR> <BR><a href="http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OTU5MjE3MmQ0NWU1Zjc1YzYyMDE1NzNmZmM2MzYxMmI=" target=_top>http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OTU5MjE3M mQ0NWU1Zjc1YzYyMDE1NzNmZmM2MzYxMmI=</a>

#6 01-25-09 12:47 pm

bob_2

Barack Obama picks a fight with Rush Limbaugh as bipartisan spirit crumbles  <BR> <BR>Barack Obama is on a collision course with his critics after picking a fight with Rush Limbaugh, America&#39;s most influential conservative commentator.  <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/4331839/Barack-Obama-picks-a-fight-with-Rush-Limbaugh-as-bipartisan-spirit-crumbles.html" target=_top>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northame rica/usa/barackobama/4331839/Barack-Obama-picks-a- fight-with-Rush-Limbaugh-as-bipartisan-spirit-crum bles.html</a>

#7 01-25-09 3:09 pm

renie

Bob, one  complaint you sure could make is Obama&#39;s appointment of Timothy Geithner to Sec. of the Treasury. <BR> <BR>He can&#39;t manage his own taxes.  How can he manage the IRS?  <BR> <BR> I&#39;ll bet he&#39;s comfirmed though. <BR> <BR>renie

#8 01-25-09 4:29 pm

bob_2

He may be confirmed, but if the financial crisis continues, Obama will and could be judged by his choices. That&#39;s called accountability.

#9 01-29-09 3:09 am

bob_2

My Bipartisan Stimulus  <BR>by Rush Limbaugh <BR> <BR><a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123318906638926749.html" target=_top>http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123318906638926749 .html</a> <BR> <BR>Ok now, the Senate hasn&#39;t approved this pork ridden &#34;stimulus&#34; package yet, we can still make it more than pork:  <BR> <BR><blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>... <BR> <BR>Fifty-three percent of American voters voted for Barack Obama; 46% voted for John McCain, and 1% voted for wackos. Give that 1% to President Obama. Let&#39;s say the vote was 54% to 46%. As a way to bring the country together and at the same time determine the most effective way to deal with recessions, under the Obama-Limbaugh Stimulus Plan of 2009: 54% of the $900 billion -- $486 billion -- will be spent on infrastructure and pork as defined by Mr. Obama and the Democrats; 46% -- $414 billion -- will be directed toward tax cuts, as determined by me. <BR> <BR>Then we compare. We see which stimulus actually works. This is bipartisanship! It would satisfy the American people&#39;s wishes, as polls currently note; and it would also serve as a measurable test as to which approach best stimulates job growth. <BR> <BR>...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Board footer