Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 01-26-09 4:00 pm

cadge

Why Did'nt "The Angel" tell EGW About Phallic Sy

It seems pretty clear that the phallic symbol, or obelisk, is a pagan symbol of fertility. How did one, with her knowedge, end up on James&#39; and her gravesite being that it is an idol that is condemed in scripture? <BR> <BR>&#34;And I shall set fire to the temples of the gods of Egypt, and he will burn them and take them captive. So he will wrap himself with the land of Egypt as a shepherd wraps himself with his garment, and he will depart from there safely. He will also shatter the obelisks of Heliopolis, which is in the land of Egypt; and the temples of the gods of Egypt he will burn with fire.&#34;&#40;NASB&#41; Jeremiah 43:5-13 <BR> <BR>Check this site out. Click on the &#34;three finger&#34; link. The phallic symbols show up a bit into the series of images. <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.sdaapostasy.org/SB1.htm" target=_top>http://www.sdaapostasy.org/SB1.htm</a>

#2 01-26-09 8:09 pm

elaine

Re: Why Did&#39;nt &#34;The Angel&#34; tell EGW About Phallic Sy

All faculty of an institution wear the regalia representing the scholl from which they graduated.  This should be common knowledge, but evidently it is not so common.

#3 01-27-09 12:52 pm

don

<b><font color="0000ff">How did one &#40;a phallic symbol&#41;, with her knowedge, end up on James&#39; and her gravesite being that it is an idol that is condemed in scripture?</font></b> <BR> <BR><b><font color="0000ff">Assumption #1:</font></b> <blockquote>People who receive messages from God have comprehensive knowledge on all important spiritual and theological matters.</blockquote><b><font color="0000ff">Assumption #2:</font></b> <blockquote>Pagan symbols retain their meaning throughout all ages of time.Thus, even today, the Christmas tree is not an innocent symbol of the season, but a pagan symbol still.</blockquote><b><font color="0000ff">Assumption #3:</font></b> <blockquote>All obelisks, or obelisk shaped objects, are phallic symbols. The Washington Monument is an obelisk. All steeples, so it is claimed, are phallic symbols. I had a psychologist friend who told me that for many truck drivers their tractor-trailer served as a phallic symbol for them. It seems that phallic symbols are everywhere. </blockquote> <BR><font color="ffffff"><font size="-2">.</font></font>

#4 01-27-09 4:51 pm

elaine

Especially in India.  I&#39;ve not been there, but their temples, I&#39;ve seen pictures, are decorated with all sorts of sexual congress.  That&#39;s where the Kama Sutra originated.  Maybe also the Song of Solomon was so explicit it bothered the early church and the Puritans.  Why else was their such a fevor of castration among early Christians? <BR> <BR>Before the Hebrew culture and during their time, female goddesses were worshiped &#40;as written in their history&#41;.  Later, they were denigrated and all male gods became predominant, thus the phallic symbol, still displayed in old pictographs, sculptures and paintings.  After all, didn&#39;t God give the command to be fruitful and multiply, necessitating this depiction?

Board footer