Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 01-30-09 3:30 pm

heipauli

Not in our home, honestly

Quote: <BR> <BR>&#34;Large professionally run cultivations of cannabis complete with automatic irrigation and flood lighting systems in operation. have been unearthed in the Satakunta area of western Finland.  <BR>Domestic cultivation of cannabis has increased dramatically in the area, says Investigating Officer Juha Joutsenlahti. He adds the police uncover new cannabis cultivations weekly on the basis of tip-offs.  <BR>A typical find consists of some 200 plants used to feed a profitable street level business. &#34; <BR> <BR> <BR>Source: <BR><a href="http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2009/01/increase_in_home_grown_cannabis_cultivation_515220.html" target=_top>http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2009/01/increase_in_hom e_grown_cannabis_cultivation_515220.html</a> <BR> <BR> <BR>The workplace of officer Joutsenlahti is situated 200 meters away from our home. <BR>In practice, I believe that most of the cases have been just here in Pori. <BR> <BR>But &#34;here&#34; means not in our apartment; maybe in the neighboring house, maybe not.

#2 01-30-09 7:22 pm

elaine

Re: Not in our home, honestly

Pauli, where I live, there are very expensive homes set up completely to grow cannabis:  lights, watering, and all.  No humans live there, but go often enough to check on things. <BR> <BR>The prosecution of cannabis has cost the government billions, and yet the demand is there and there will always be availability.  If it were made legal and regulated like tobacco or liquor, the prices would drop drastically and all the people employed to hunt for hidden crops could be better employed in building roads, bridges, or ?

#3 01-31-09 12:51 am

cadge

I lifted this newsworthy story from the site you posted Pauli. Don sands just mentioned this TSD problem a couple or few weeks ago. It sounds like this problem is serious enough to be dealt with here also. I&#39;m sendiing off some copies of this to my local, state, and D.C reps. along with the local school board. <BR>--------- <BR> <BR>Thousands of Teens Inoculated against HPV  <BR>[News] updated yesterday 01:09 PM  <BR> <BR>Some 32,000 teen girls have signed up to take the human papillomavirus &#40;HPV&#41; vaccine, a preventive measure that guards against genital warts and cervical cancer caused by the virus. Finland is now looking into whether boys should also get the shot. HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases.

#4 01-31-09 1:34 am

maggie

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p><b>Gardasil HPV Vaccine Side Effects</b> <BR> <BR>Yesterday I spoke to the families of young women who believe the Gardasil HPV vaccine may have – or did in fact – cause their child&#39;s serious illness. One of the cases involves a now 18-year old young woman named Amanda.  <BR> <BR>Amanda&#39;s parents say she developed a serious reaction to Gardasil after her first dose last summer. It began with soreness where she received the injection. The soreness eventually travelled down her arm, her legs, and led to a horrible autoimmune myofasciitis that is so painful Amanda had to go on morphine for the pain.  <BR> <BR>She was transformed, through the illness, from a high school varsity sport athlete to a chronically ill person who takes a handful of pills a day just to keep her illness tolerable. When she goes off the medicine, the excruciating pain and other debilitating symptoms return.  <BR> <BR>One thing that&#39;s different about Amanda&#39;s case than some of the others is that both of her parents medical doctors who didn&#39;t think twice about having their daughter get the shot – but are now second-guessing themselves. They call their daughter&#39;s illness after Gardasil &#34;a very sobering experience.&#34; Amanda&#39;s dad says, &#34;as the father of three girls, I&#39;ve had to ask myself why I let my eldest one get an unproven vaccine against a few strains of a nonlethal virus that can be dealt with in many more effective ways. It&#39;s not like they are at high risk. It was the regrettable acceptance of the vaccine party line that [mis]led me. &#34;  <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/07/08/primarysource/entry4240485.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/07/08/primarysou rce/entry4240485.shtml</a><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>I heard a radio program interviewing young women who became gravely ill after the Gardasil vaccination.  It ruined their health.

Board footer