Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 07-27-12 11:50 am

tom_norris
Adventist Reform
Website

Adventist Church Sues Spin-off; Pastor in Jail; + Hunger Strike

Adventist Church Suing Other Christians

Source: Adventist Voice

http://adventistvoice.com/about/

See:

http://adventistvoice.com/2012/07/21/1371/

This was e-mailed to me:  So I am posting it:

I have no idea who they are.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Voice of the Reformer said:

The Adventist Church has a history of suing people and people groups.  What do you think about this?

“To have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded?” (1 Corinthians 6:7, ESV)

“For I speak to your shame. Is it so that there is not a wise one among you, not even one in your midst who shall be able to judge between his brother? But brother goes to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. Indeed then there is already on the whole a failure among you, that you have lawsuits with yourselves. Why not instead be wronged? Why not instead be defrauded?” (1 Corinthians 6:5-7, MKJV)

When it comes to suing someone in a secular court, do we refrain from suing other Adventists or is the Bible talking about suing other Christians (believers in Christ)?  I like to think all Christians (believers in Christ) are brothers and sisters in Christ.  When the Bible clearly teaches that we are not to sue each other, I am pretty sure God is talking about all believers.

Our Adventist Church is currently using the secular court system to sue a small independent church.  The group broke off from the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the early 90′s and began to call themselves… A Creation 7th Day Adventist Church.  The church is based out of a small building that use to be a gas station.  They have very little influence and has seen hardly any growth.

What are “we” (the Adventist Church) doing about it.  “We” (our tithe money) are suing the small group in the secular court system.  The pastor is now behind bars and is on a hunger strike.  It saddens me to think we are using our financial resources to sue other Christians in court.   

The Bible clearly teaches that we are not to be suing other Christians.  Acts 5:38, 39 says, “Withdraw from these men and let them alone.  For if this counsel or this work is of men, it will come to nothing.  But if it of God, you cannot overthrow it, lest perhaps you be found even to fight against God.”

As of now this group seems to have come to nothing.  They have not grown in size all these years and do not seem to be going anywhere.

Even though they are not growing, they may have led a handful of people to Christ.  The Bible says that all heaven rejoices when one soul comes to Jesus.

We have been fighting this group in the secular court system for two years……… Lord, have mercy on our/Your Church.  My counsel is leave the little group alone and let’s stop wasting our financial resources in pointless lawsuits.  “Withdraw from these men and let them alone.  For if this counsel or this work is of men, it will come to nothing.”

I would like to know how much we have spent with this lawsuit.  $$$$$$$ Instead of wasting money in the secular court system, we could be printing tracts, producing evangelistic programs for secular television, buying Youtube and Facebook ad space, and so much more.

From Voice of the Reformer <voiceofthereformer@gmail.com>

Board footer