Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 06-02-12 2:38 am

bob_2

Is the New Covenant Antisemitic

The reason so many want to side with James Carroll regarding the viability of rabbinic Judaism is because, if you say that Jews need to believe in Yeshua in order to have eternal life, you are labeled anti-Semetic.  And, if you are a Jewish believer in Yeshua such as myself, you are often lambasted with the label Jewish self-hater.

This is incredibly unfair.  If I declare that Yeshua is the Messiah and that faith in him is the only way to have eternal life, that does not mean that I hate myself as a Jew – I don’t.  In fact, my Jewishness if far more important to me now then it was before I believed.

Furthermore, saying what I believe the Scriptures clearly claims to be true, both in the Tanakh and the B’rit Hadashah (New Testament) is not anti-Semitism.  Anti-Semitism is when I treat a Jewish person differently or with disrespect because they won’t believe.

http://www.newcovenantforum.org/?p=2566

Board footer