Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 09-25-09 5:59 pm

bob_2

Is that really a quote of Alexander Carpenter??

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>“There are too many of us who are not sick, or inverted, or perverted, or even “effeminate,” but who just have a knack for falling in love with people of our own sex. When we have been damaged, it has not been due to our homosexuality but to your and our denial of it. The burden of proof now is not on us, to show that we are not sick, but rather on those who insist that we would be better off going back into the closet.” Posted by: Alexander Carpenter 17 June 2008 at 5:35 <BR><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR> <BR><a href="http://powerofpride.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/adventist-theologian-cliff-goldstein-defended-against-wrongful-accusation/" target=_top>http://powerofpride.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/adven tist-theologian-cliff-goldstein-defended-against-w rongful-accusation/</a> <BR> <BR>I previously thought J.R. allegation was a little harsh, but...

#2 09-26-09 12:55 am

bob_2

Re: Is that really a quote of Alexander Carpenter??

&#34;There are too many of you who can make others sick, are inverted, or perverted, and even effeminate&#34;, and have a knack for falling in love with people  of the same sex. When you have been damaged, it has been due to your homosexuality and your denial of it. The burden of proof is to show that you didn&#39;t choose your own &#34;feel good&#34; way of existence over God&#39;s ordained way.&#34;  <BR> <BR>Paraphase of Alex&#39;s post.

Board footer