Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 08-07-11 2:25 pm

bob_2

Which 4rh Angel's Message

Tom, you have complained that the SDAs don't preach the 4th Angel's message, which is it the one in Rev 14 or Rev 16:

Rev 14: 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” 16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

Or

Rev 16:8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

#2 08-07-11 7:40 pm

tom_norris
Adventist Reform
Website

Re: Which 4rh Angel's Message

Bob, Bob, Bob; I thought you were an SDA?  Am I wrong about that?

If you were raised SDA you would know exactly which Angel was to follow the 3rd from Rev 14.  So why are you asking such a strange question?

As you know, the SDA’s, very early on, identified “another angel” or another phase in their theological development, which they called the 4th Angels Message.  It was to replace the 3rd Angels Message, even as it would be closely related to it.

This 4th Angels Message of Rev 18 represents the final Gospel reformation of the church, just prior to the 2nd Coming.   It is under this Gospel “Message” that the Tribulation strikes.

Rev. 18:1  After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illumined with his glory.

Rev. 18:2 And he cried out with a mighty voice, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place of demons and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird.

Rev. 18:3 “For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the passion of her immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality.”

Rev. 18:4  I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues;

This 4th level of Adventist theology is where the SDA’s need to migrate.   This is where all that seek truth will end up. 

The articulation of Adventist Reform is the 4th Angels Message, including the active and reformed, 7th day Sabbath of Christ.

While the SDA’s had formulated some pretty clear ideas about the 4th Angels Message, I don’t think there has been any study about the “other voice” from heaven in v4.  While this “voice” seems part of the 4th Angels Message, what does it really represent?  More study is needed.

Regardless, it is time for the Advent Movement to go forward. 

The SDA’s can only embrace a “Message” of pluralism, error, and double-talk for so long before they lose total sight of their prophetic mission.  This is what is happening now.  It must stop before it is too late, if it is not already.

I repeat; the Adventists need to go forward within the Three Angels Messages.  Which means they must repent for bungling the 3rd Angels Message, (twice, once in Battle Creek and again in Takoma Park), and develop the 4th Angels Message. 

This is the only way to save, complete, and empower the Advent Movement. 

Is anyone listening?

Tom Norris for Adventist Reform

#3 08-07-11 9:24 pm

bob_2

Tom, Tom, Tom, what number is the one in Rev 14: 17. Seems to my count to be a fourth angel. Personally, I don't believe you know what you are talking about, putting it bluntly.

Last edited by bob_2 (08-07-11 9:25 pm)

#4 08-08-11 9:00 am

tom_norris
Adventist Reform
Website

Bob said;  Tom, Tom, Tom, what number is the one in Rev 14: 17. Seems to my count to be a fourth angel.

Tom said:  Both SDA theology and history are clear about this point.  The fact that you don’t know much about this topic is the real problem. 

So count all the angels you want, but stop wasting everyone’s time with your silly and useless questions.

Bob said:  Personally, I don't believe you know what you are talking about, putting it bluntly.

Tom said:  Ha!  Who cares what you think?  Not me!  The world is full of blowhards and empty talkers, especially from the confused cult of SDA’s.

It is clear that being raised an SDA has ruined your ability to reason and study the Bible honestly and with purpose.  Sad.

Tom Norris, for Adventist Reform

#5 08-09-11 6:20 am

bob_2

Ditto, Tom. Some of your stuff makes no sence. You are a one man army. Try to get to the bottom essence you are "preaching". Happy! I don't plan to move paste Rev 14s Angel count . Then there are another 7 angels between Rev 14 and Rev 18. How do you go from Rev 14 to Rev 18 to get your fourth angel????I am an Adventist but spent very little in Revelation except the teachers that want to use

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

if you research the word commandments in Strongs in this situation, it appears not to be the Decalogue, but all Jesus commands on earth and the Apostles. Again every time commandments don't mean the 10. Look at the commandments and statues given 400 years before the written law was given. If Jesus fulfilled the Law, then he did. SDAs argue the point to save their title Seventh Day Adventist, right?

Stong's

interpretation of Commandments: 1) an order, command, charge, precept, injunction

a) that which is prescribed to one by reason of his office

2) a commandment

a) a prescribed rule in accordance with which a thing is done

1) a precept relating to lineage, of the Mosaic precept concerning the priesthood

2) ethically used of the commandments in the Mosaic law or Jewish tradition

With the context and what John  is trying to say after all the NT/NC presented, you are trying to make the word what you wont, even after it is stated the law was fulfilled in Jesus Flesh. this is the gospel. Notice Luke's comments in Acts:

Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Why would Luke be speaking  of the Commandments(which were known by the Jews)

Last edited by bob_2 (08-09-11 6:56 am)

#6 08-09-11 9:17 am

bob

John in 1Jn3 tells us exactly what the commandments are.  If Tom were not so stupid he would know that John didn't mean the Decalogue in Rev 14.  He wouldn't be demanding that SDAs keep a modified false reformed Sabbath.  He wouldn't think that John meant that people should leave their churches and join with him into yet another false church that demands some sort of Sabbath observance.

21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us. 

All the long drawn out posts he writes about the reformed Sabbath doesn't, in any way, reveal proof from scripture that there is a Sabbath that has to be observed in any manner.  Tom could cut his l   o   n  g posts to a few words and instead use that time to study Paul's writings and get the real facts about what "commandments" Christians are under.  Christian Sabbath observing is a farce.

Bob is very correct with his statement that when SDAs see "commandments " or "law" they automatically put a "10" in front of them.  It just ain't so.

Board footer