Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 01-06-12 12:37 am

bob_2

One of the Tools of find Converations within ATomorrow.net

Maybe it just me, but I was looking around at some of the Tools that ATomorrow.net has to look at conversations and get a fresh look at participants view, conversations and participation. Go to User list just below Adventist for Tomorrow  header above, the second header, "User list". Go down the list and tap on participants interested in, by # of posts as an example, pick the participant and the posts line up by date and you will have a different look at participants.

Recently there was a little flurry of activity that you would not see just looking at the Active header above. I had engaged Bob, who was having a conversation with Tom Norris. You probably wouldn't see it without using the tool. Bob, I was impressed with quality of the banter between Bob and Tom. One of the key things that Tom Norris has touted for most of his participation has been a New Covenant Reformed Sabbath mandate. Bob who clearly and admittedly is an Evangelical Christian, not SDA. As Tom put together lengthy positions on a Reformed Sabbath, read,  and stay with it, read Bob's response to Tom, documented with scripture on this topic.

Looking at the Active header above, you would never spot this back and forth and miss, what I think is a quality back and forth on this subject which after all goes right to the name of the SDA church. I have engaged with Bob in conversation, and like me, is not out for the dismantling of the SDA church, after all I am still a member that wishes this sort of conversation to take place in say, the Review or AToday or some of the Union papers. Also, something else I saw, something we all can learn from, the more concise the response and the use of scripture in the short response, the better we at ATomorrow.net could participate more to this topic and others that the SDA church should be more informed on. Also, other discussions to look for,  Tithing and the Investigative Judgement.

Bob, I applaud your participation recently over the holidays. Lets see more of this. Ryan Van Dolson, thanks for the layout for this type of discussion. Remember, the objective is not to destroy the SDA church but bring meaningful scriptural discussion to the forum, using scripture to make our points in a discerning way. Oh, and as always, thanks to Tom Norris for being a "sparring partner".

Last edited by bob_2 (01-06-12 12:44 am)

#2 01-06-12 12:46 am

dixonrio

Re: One of the Tools of find Converations within ATomorrow.net

Bob and Tom bring out the main objective and never gives out anything that are against anything...Like this thing!!

#3 01-06-12 10:22 am

bob

Welcome dixonio.  I look forward to hearing your opinions and beliefs.

#4 01-06-12 1:13 pm

bob_2

Welcome to you, dixonio. Hopefully we will see you jump in to some of the conversations. Don't forget the archive over at www.atomorrow.com.  Yes, there may be redundancy of points, but not everyone gets the nuances the first time. Someone told me once that significant changes in personal views or life changing thought, take up to reading or seeing these positions up to three times before they truly become "yours".

Something to do to challenge your thinking, is to join an Inquiry's Class or Pastor's Class of a Church you have often wondered about their position. I did this with a Presbyterian Church and learned so much about Refomed Theology, or Calvinism and saw why some in Christianity react so much to Calvinism, and believe it helped my understanding. I will say that that fear that you will be deluded hit me a few times but I relied on the critical thinking that my Mother instilled in me and I learned a lot.

Last edited by bob_2 (01-06-12 1:17 pm)

Board footer