Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#51 02-11-09 9:37 pm

bob_2

Re: Site History

The ideas coming forth, lead one to believe synapses do get foggie at a certain age, eh Elaine? Maybe Maggs is right, you're living proof, sista!

#52 02-11-09 9:53 pm

elaine

The assumption that very young children have such an excellent memory (as most parents realize) because they have not really put much into their file cabinets (better known as brains).

Each year of life, billions of information are added, and as we age, no memory is lost, but it takes longer to find (recall) information, especially recent.

That's my premise, and most people can relate to it.

#53 02-11-09 11:22 pm

bob_2

I took care of the Aged you may have forgot.

I had lunch at one of my facilities with a former teacher, who told me she could remember she was a teacher before, but she couldn't remember what it was she did.

Alzheimer's is a cruel disease, you are fortunate to be able to think as clearly as you do, but don't make it out that every 70 to 80 year old is in top mental condition, because I can show you different. Thank God every day for your faculties.

#54 02-11-09 11:41 pm

maggie

Elaine, de girl she is no slouch, and you would not guess her age if she did not tell you.

Dees much I know.

#55 02-12-09 12:02 am

elaine

Bob, I'm very familiar with Alzheimer's and have many friends who have been variously affected. It is a very cruel, debilitating condition, and none of us are immune, although there is some evidence that it may be genetic or that certain conditions predispose to it.

My concerns are not from that but possible physical conditions, but so far I've been very fortunate because of excellent orthopedic surgeons and no serious conditions.

#56 01-21-10 12:04 pm

tom_norris
Adventist Reform
Website

History is obviously moving forward at this site, even though such things are painful.

This is a test post.

Board footer