Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#26 03-08-12 11:25 am

hira2

Re: How To Interpret The Bible

neutral This is obvious where eisegesis gyrations are needed when the meaning is obvious. What is amazing that in the 1850s Seventh day Baptists and Seventh day Adventists believe that the rest of Christendom is in error and compare the seriousness of their reasoning to the TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL event and base the infant denominations on the premise.

#27 03-09-12 5:50 am

bob_2

Hira2, did you also know about her vision with the halo around the 4th Commandment. Even when Jesus was asked what was the greatest commandment He never gave that answer, did He?

#28 03-10-12 11:58 am

l_miller

God’s people need a good dose of the exegesis “vaccine” to restore the foundations of God’s Word that the Christian worldview is built upon.

As Martin Luther said:

“…I have often said that whoever would study Holy Scripture should be sure to see to it that he stays with the simple words as long as he can and by no means departs from them unless an article of faith compels him to understand them differently. For of this we must be certain: no simpler speech has been heard on Earth than what God has spoken."                                                        http://www.answersingenesis.org/article … /eisegesis

#29 03-10-12 12:00 pm

l_miller

...“virus” that does not affect a person’s physical body, but infects their thinking in such a way that people are no longer able to consistently determine absolute truth.

Board footer